If staff or other visitors feel unsafe due to any visitors refusing to comply with any of our requests, you could be asked to leave.
- We do welcome walk in visitors but numbers are still being limited. To ensure you can visit, visitors are encouraged to pre-book and attend at their specified time slot, arriving on time to help avoid queues outside the museum – if you would like a guidebook, we allow time to purchase this as part of your welcome to the museum.
- We will continue to operate a one way route with three flights of stairs up and four flights of narrow winding stairs down. Please ensure you can manage these steps before booking or contact us to arrange for an accessible tour.
- If you will be visiting with a carer, please book just your ticket and your carer will be allowed in with you.
- We have limited access for wheelchair users and due to the one-way route, visits for wheelchair users will be supported by our team. Please contact us before booking, if you require this assistance.
- We are running a family trail and will provide sheets you can keep.
- Hand sanitiser will be available on arrival and all guests will be required to use it on entry and exit. Face coverings are a personal choice for each visitor. These are available for purchase at the museum entrance for a £1 donation or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Visitors who arrive after their start time may not be admitted and refunds are not available for late attendees.
- Visitors will enter the museum using the main door to the house, to the left of the shop entrance.
- The team on site will be cleaning regularly throughout the day, paying special attention to banisters, door handles and light switches, as well as the toilets.
- The shop is open but separate to the museum route. You can visit the shop before or after your visit and the entrance is to the right of the museum. Usual shop guidelines apply and we are contactless, no cash can be used.
- We are staggering visitor entry times to manage queues and pinch points within the museum. Please be mindful of the signage warning you of pinch points in the museum. There are some areas where you will be asked to wait for rooms to be clear before entering. Please adhere to the museum signage.
- Please do not attend if anyone in your group has Covid-19 symptoms.
- Please advise us by phone or email, if anyone develops Covid-19 symptoms during the session or soon afterwards. Our contact details are on our website – we have limited access for wheelchair users and due to the one-way route, visits for wheelchair users will be supported by our team. Please contact us before booking, if you require this assistance.
- BPT reserves the right to close the museum at short notice. If BPT cancel the event, ticket holders will be informed and fully refunded.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in helping us ensure the ongoing safety of our visitors and staff. We hope you really enjoy your visit and engage with our friendly team, whilst also staying safe and keeping us safe too.