Visit this special house at Christmas, see the rooms dressed for the festival season and enjoy the traditions and celebrations of a Georgian Christmas told through stories and poems throughout the house as part of our new immersive experience.
Our immersive experience runs on a timed loop. Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your ticket slot, to ensure you do not miss any of your experience.
We recommend that you purchase a guide book or access the museum guide app to support your visit, available on the door when you arrive.
It is advised you pre book your tickets to ensure your preferred time slot. For tickets on the day, please head to the museum to request a ´walk in´ slot, availability cannot be guaranteed. Please note on the day tickets are not available online.
Please be aware that by purchasing a ticket, you are giving permission for us to contact you with our evaluation survey. We will not contact you for any other purpose.
Whilst the government have lifted restrictions, we remain committed to ensuring the safety of our visitors and our staff. For this reason, the following guidelines will remain in place and we ask you to follow them when you visit.
If staff or other visitors feel unsafe due to any visitors refusing to comply with any of our requests, you could be asked to leave.
- We do welcome walk in visitors but numbers are still being limited. To ensure you can visit, visitors are encouraged to pre-book and attend at their specified time slot, arriving on time to help avoid queues outside the museum – if you would like a guidebook, we allow time to purchase this as part of your welcome to the museum.
- We will continue to operate a one way route with three flights of stairs up and four flights of narrow winding stairs down. Please ensure you can manage these steps before booking or contact us to arrange for an accessible tour.
- If you will be visiting with a carer, please remember to also book a free carer ticket.
- We have limited access for wheelchair users and due to the one-way route, visits for wheelchair users will be supported by our team. Please contact us before booking, if you require this assistance.
- We are running a family trail and will provide sheets you can keep.
- Hand sanitiser will be available on arrival and throughout the museum. Face coverings are a personal choice for each visitor. These are available for purchase at the museum entrance for a £1 donation or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Visitors who arrive after their start time may not be admitted and refunds are not available for late attendees.
- Visitors will enter the museum using the main door to the house, to the left of the shop entrance.
- The team on site will be cleaning regularly throughout the day, paying special attention to banisters, door handles, light switches and toilets.
- The shop is open and separate to the museum route. You can visit the shop before or after your visit and the entrance is to the right of the museum. Usual shop guidelines apply and we are contactless, no cash can be used.
- We are staggering visitor entry times to manage queues and pinch points within the museum. Please be mindful of the signage warning you of pinch points in the museum. There are some areas where you will be asked to wait for rooms to be clear before entering. Please adhere to the museum signage.
- BPT reserves the right to close the museum at short notice. If BPT cancel the event, ticket holders will be informed and fully refunded.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in helping us ensure the ongoing safety of our visitors and staff. We hope you really enjoy your visit and engage with our friendly team, whilst also staying safe and keeping us safe too.
Bath Preservation Trust Member tickets
These are available but we would ask members to consider purchasing a ticket to support the museum at this time to secure our future.
Please use the code DISCOVERY2022 to apply your discount. Please ensure you bring your membership card with you to validate this when you visit.